How beautiful is Garda? Woof woof! This could be the answer from our furry friends, who can roam freely on the lakeside. But not everywhere! The dog-friendly beaches on Lake Garda are well defined, so it’s better to know where we can access with our four-legged friends for a walk, a run, or a swim – without getting, alas, a fine…
Braccobaldo Bau Beach in Peschiera del Garda
The most famous and populated beach is this one in Peschiera, exactly in the Fornaci area on the pebble lakeside of Bergamini. It has been dedicated to dogs for about ten years, and it is equipped to arrive at the beach calmly – always remembering to bring a muzzle because it is sometimes required.
You can rent umbrellas, deck chairs, sun loungers and a free sun lounger for furry friends. Also, with the rental, you will have a dog kit with a bowl, blanket, bags for needs (there is a fenced area for this) and a cell phone holder.
You can find it open every day, from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm, but it is good to know that the capacity of this shoreline is not immense, there are a maximum of 60 people who can take a seat – dogs have no limits, you can bring two or three!
Fido Beach in Manerba del Garda
This dog beach on Lake Garda is located at Punta del Rio, in the Rolly area, and offers a space equipped to spend a day with your “fido”.
Fido Beach, in fact, can accommodate dogs of any size or breed on the beach, and you can rent an umbrella or sun lounger, with a free supply of insulating mats for the dog and bags for picking up the dog’s needs.
You will also find water bowls, play areas for dogs, and an organization of activities for dogs on the lake. These are fun or educational games, professional dog training lessons, lessons for the first approach of dogs to water and swimming. If you want to organize a particular event, Fido Beach even allows you to rent the beach for training, rallies or … dog parties!
The entrance to the beach is free, from April to September, and you can easily find it near a campsite. However, you need to be careful about the number of dogs already present, beyond twenty, it is not certain that you can access!
Beach reserved for dogs in Salò
This corner of Garda has also recently been designed for those who want to bring their dogs to the beach, and you can get there from via Tavine, after the Mulino Mokai beach. It is not an equipped area, but you can go there freely to let your animal roam and dive together.
The pebbles alternate with a bit of greenery, for about half a square kilometer, in this dog beach in Salò which is accessible every day without time limits.
Inside the beach, however, the dog area is limited, and it is necessary to respect the municipal regulations. It is certainly suitable for a short walk, a swim in the lake, and for some training.
Dog beach in Toscolano Maderno
The Bau Beach here on the Brescia side welcomes dogs with an equipped area for four-legged friends, of about 700 meters with a kiosk, an expert dog lifeguard, areas to play with dogs in peace.
You will also find bags for dog needs, bowls, and food if you need to buy it. A free dog kit is reserved for those who rent an umbrella!
It is located in Rivagranda, near the Cartiera, and is open from mid-June to mid-September – a seasonal bau beach!
The list of beaches accessible to dogs
Other beaches on Lake Garda are open to anyone, so there is no ban on dogs, and you can bring your faithful friend to the shore. The important thing, however, is to respect the rules that the dog must be kept on a leash, sometimes a muzzle is mandatory, and then it is essential to bring bags to pick up the dog’s needs.
- Arco Bau Beach – you can go with your dog on the beach overlooking the Sarca river, which can be reached from the lakeside cycle path, at the height of the sports field.
- Bardolino: the beach welcomes your dog in the free area between Garda and Bardolino, but here it is necessary to see if there are no other people on the beach who may be disturbed.
- Castelnuovo del Garda: on the free beach after Porto Campanello, dogs can enter and stay in the section that goes up to Gardaland.
- Desenzano: the dog beach on Lake Garda here is free in the stretch between the Spiaggia d’Oro area and the Rivoltella port.
- Garda: free access to dogs if there are no other swimmers on the beach.
- Gargnano: you can enter the beach with your dog near Palazzo Feltrinelli.
- Lazise: dogs are allowed on the free beach towards Peschiera, and the one in front of the municipality’s camping site.
- Malcesine: the free beaches that welcome dogs are in the Val di Sogno area and that of Campagnola.
- Moniga: access for dogs is allowed on the beaches of via Mazzane, in the port, and near the Fontanelle campsite.
- Punta San Vigilio: dogs can only walk on the beach for a fee, on a leash and can swim on only one side of the beach.
- Riva del Garda: the ban on dogs on the lake is active in high season, from the end of June to mid-September, from the Fraglia della Vela to Porto S. Nicolò. You can stay in the dog area of via Sudermann, while you can walk with your dog on a leash but without stopping, during the evening and night from 6.30 pm to 9.00 am.
- Sirmione: only some areas allow access for dogs on the beach and always on a leash.
- Torbole sul Garda: the beach with free access for dogs is that of Lungolago Conca d’Oro, towards Malcesine.
- Torri del Benaco: free beaches for dogs are towards Pai and Garda – it is also good to ask permission from other bathers if the dog is not disturbing.